In the year 1936, the house belonging to Moș Văsâi, father of Ion Cobuț, from Moișeni village, was selected by Gheorghe Focșa (the future director of the Museum between the years 1948 – 1978) and transferred on Museum premises to represent the Țara Oașului.
The entrance inside the household is made through a traditional Oaș Country gateway (Romanian: „vraniță cu boc”), built with 3 main parts: a thick oak wood log fixated in the ground (Romanian: „boc”), a girder (Romanian: „vraniță”) – a handhewn beam, rough on the end side for use as a counterweight – and the post that supports the girder.
Inside the grange, a number of annexe buildings sit next to the house: a granary, a barn, a chicken shack, and a tall altar with a cross with embossed ornamentation.
The house was constructed in 1780, built on top of a brick and river rock foundation, featuring a traditional floor plan consisting of three rooms: the main room (with the fireplace), the entrance hall and the pantry, and a partial porch on the front side next to the pantry and entrance hall, as well as on the narrow side. The walls are made from hand-hewn oak wood beams notched using the – blockbau – technique. The flooring is covered with clay. The steep hipped-roof is covered with scraped single coursed oak tree tiles, arranged as a honeycomb.
Rooftop edges are rounded, the rooftop mane has a chimney with two semicircular hatchways on the front slope to evacuate the smoke from the attic. The chimney is sheltered by a round roof with a cross on top.
The decorations are carved and chiseled with apotropaic motifs, such as the cross and the wolf teeth symbols. Decorations are encountered on the gateway, on the porch handrails, on door and window frames, as well as annexe buildings. A massive oak wood door stands guard at the entrance in the house, featuring a secret wooden lock. Inside the entrance hall, a weaving loom and various tools for processing wool and hemp are set up for work. Inside the fireplace, in the right corner, there’s an oven covered with enamel ceramic plaques, good for keeping heat. Over the bed, the top beam (the mane) exhibits three rows with three types of richly decorated fabrics, with geometric and fitomorphic motifs, the creations of three generations of women that used to live in the house. The rows on top display the fabrics made by the youngest of women. The chiseled wood hangers placed on the walls right beneath the ceiling support glass painted religious icons manufactured at Nicula and enamel ceramic dishes from the famous Vama center. The master-beam holds the clay pots received as wedding presents from godparents on holidays.
The pantry (Romanian: „găbănaș”) is a single-celled construction with a front-side porch made with notched oak wood planks – blockbau technique. The flooring is made from beaten earth. The hipped-roof is covered with oak wood shingles. This type of building was used as storage space, alternatively as a summer kitchen.
The stable (Romanian: „poiata”) is single-cell annex construction made from oak wood logs on a bedrock foundation. The hipped-roof is covered with oak wood shingles. Apotropaic decorative motifs are present on the door frontispiece and the lateral mullions.
The bird shack is a single-cell annex built with notched hand-hewn beech wood beams, sheltered under a hipped-roof covered with oak wood shingles.