The press is made of massive oak, with the pressing beam of 8.9 m long and 0.5 m wide; the supporting post (replaced in 1954) is 2.1 m high, while the screw is made of wild pear wood, being 3 m high. The building has a hearth where the residual honeycomb (what is left after extracting the honey) for rendering the wax, in two large metallic cauldrons, the smoke being evacuated through a brick chimney.
A shed with clay-bound stone walls and Jimbolia tile roof shelters both the equipment and the fireplace for boiling the residual honeycomb.
The press worked until the year 1997.
The beeswax produced in the Romanian Principalities was of the finest quality, consisting in one of the main items for export; it would be exported to the Ottoman Empire, Russia, Hungary, Poland, Genoa, Venice, Germany.