HOUSE OF SHEPHERDS TEŞILA , 20th century, Prahova county
The commune of Valea Doftanei, with the villages Teşila and Trăisteni, is attested in the documents since 1538, during the reign of Radu Paisie (1535-1545). The reign charters established that those villages shall become independent from the Mărgineni and Sinaia monasteries. According to the historical data, in the 17th and 18th centuries, the Romanian shepherds in Ţara Bârsei and Mărginimea Sibiului passed the Carpathian Mountains through the Predeluș opening, being settled in the villages Teşila and Trăisteni. The inhabitants' collective memory maintains the verbal tradition on the pastoralism occupation, still practiced, by going with the sheep and cows during the summer in the mountains, and by turning back in the household during the winter.
Transferred from the field in 2014, the house of shepherds naturally complements the patrimony of our museum, including in the plan the porch, the central stoop, and two living rooms: the “clean house” and the “back house”, the latter being used also as a kitchen. There is the stove situated in the corner, where the wall from the back of the room combines with the middle one. The porch is remarked by the rich fretwork decoration of the handrail, up to the frames placed on the superior side of the pillars. In the back of the house, a small shed is built on the total length of the wall.
The house is built on high river stone foundation, with the basement situated under the dining room, with the access from the outside. The walls, built in fir beams carved on four sides, are protected by a slender roof with four slopes, with the covering in tiles.