House, Budieni, Gorj 1882
The house, dating from 1882, has two floors, including the ground floor with a basement, built on (“bottoms”, “bears”) foundation and the superior floor with three rooms included in an L-shaped plan. The house is built of massive oak beams carved with the hatchet on four sides and fixed at the ends in straight joints. The porch of the ground floor is open, and it is built for the total length on the main façade. The porch from the living floor surrounds the house on three sides, being supported by the carved and ornamentally sculpted pillars with motifs as “wolf tooth” and broken line. The planks and beams endings are carved in horses heads and ornamentally with geometric motifs obtained by combining the broken line.
The ceiling from the ground floor is built in massive oak planks, and the ceiling from the superior floor is worked in hornbeam wicker and daubed with clay in order to thermally insulate the floor. The living floor is plastered with clay duab on the outside and on the inside, over hazel wicker, and it is whitewashed.