Moişeni, Certeze commune, Satu Mare county
Moiș Văsâi's house (the son of Ion Cobuț) from Moișeni village, Certeze Commune, was transferred in the Village Museum in 1936. Originating from the north-west of the country, from a isolated, scattered settlement, it is representative for the folk architecture in Țara Oașului.
From the entrance to the household we notice the originality of the gate called “vraniță cu boc” which, although massive, can be opened and closed very easily, the whole structure resting in balance on a log buried in the ground. Besides the house, the household is comprised of a storehouse (“găbănaș”), a stable for cattle, a house for pigs and a tall cross with protection role (“rugă”). Both the household annexes and the inventory of the museum house illustrate the main occupations of the inhabitants: agriculture, pomiculture, sheep and cattle breeding and forestry.
The house, dated in 1780, was built on a river stone base, and has the walls made of three or four very large planks, hewed with the hatchet and joined in the “Blockbau” technique. The roof has four steep slopes, while the roof covering is made of oak shingles. On the ridge a small conical roof (“hornetă”) rises, built on a cart wheel and protected by a cross.
Of a remarkable artistic value are the carved and sculpted decorations, found on the gate, the veranda parapet, on the house door and window frames, as well as on the annexe buildings.
The house plan includes three rooms: the median foyer, the pantry and the living room (“the stove”). At the entrance to the house there is a massive oak door, with a secret wooden lock. In the anteroom one can see the loom and the various tools needed for the home textile industry. In the living room, the attention is drawn by the oven lined with green glazed ceramic tiles. The inventory is rich in vivid colours with create an merry, warm atmosphere. One can note the sculpted furniture, the high bed and the cradle, the woven dominated by bright red, the ceramics from the famous Vama centre and the icons on glass made at Nicula.