Valea Doftanei Commune is attested in the documents with the villages of Teşila and Trăisteni in the year 1538, during Radu Paisie’s reign (1535-1545). The ruler’s charters indicated that these villages will become dependent on Mărgineni and Sinaia monasteries. According to other data, Teşila and the mountains surrounding it is attested by documents in 1444. The history confirms that during the 17th and 18th centuries the Romanian shepherds from the Land of Bârsa and Mărginimea Sibiului came across the Carpathians through Predeluş Pass, settling in the villages of Teşila and Trăisteni. The collective memory of the inhabitants keeps the oral tradition of the shepherding, still largely performed in the present, with the organisation of many sheepfolds, the summering of the sheep and cattle in the mountains and their wintering in the households.
Discovered in the year 2014, the shepherds’ house fortunately adds to the built heritage of our museum, including in its plan the stoop, the centrally placed pavilion, the basement, the entry hall and two living rooms: the clean house and the “back” house, also used as a kitchen, were the stove was placed on the corner between the back wall and the median one. In the back of the house, on all its length, there is a shed.
The house is built on a river stone base, with the basement under the living room, with outside entrance. The walls are made of fir beams squarely carved. The stoop is highlighted by the rich fretted decoration on the parapet. The same fretted decorations are present on the pavilion and the upper part of the stoop. The end of the beams under the stoop ceiling has incised ornaments. The ceiling is made of beech planks with tongue-and-groove joints.
The roof is elongated, with four slopes, while the covering is made of tongue-and-groove beech shingles.